Howard U. alum and video producer at Buzzfeed , Freddie Ransome “creates content around beauty, style, and smashing gender norms”(Her Campus). Freddie’s got a style that’s all her own and makes a simple t-shirt and jeans look so cool.
1. Who and what are your biggest influences when it comes to your personal style?
2. Where are your favorites places to shop on and offline?
ASOS, Missguided, Crap Eyewear (My
friend and co-worker Chrissy Mahlmeister introduced me to that brand),
Forever 21 (There are way more finds online in my experience!) and Etsy. My
favorite places to shop IRL are Urban Outfitters, Virgo by B&B (Los Angeles
vintage boutique where I get all my vintage Levi Jeans. They alter for free!!)
and Top Shop.
3. Three most favorite things in your closet?
My 3 most favorite things in my closet are:
Hot Pink Pants (Top Shop)
Black Shapless Avant Garde Jumpsuit(ASOS)
4. Describe your style in 3 words or less?
Funky, vintage, casual
5. What is your power word for 2018?
6. What trends are you looking forward to trying this year?
A trend I’m looking forward to trying this year is wearing ultra-violet from head to toe. I’ve already dabbled in monochromatic in 2017 and I’m excited to do it with bright colors and more long coats in 2018!
7. 3 books are on your 2018 reading list?
3 books on my 2018 reading list are The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates, and Cape Verdean Blues by Shauna Barbosa.
8. Favorite song rn?
My favorite song right now is No Limit by G-Eazy (most important feature is Cardi B.)
9. Ayeee. What trend are you leaving in 2017 and never looking back on?
The trend I’m leaving in 2017? I haven’t worn a choker in a while, but I can’t say I won’t dabble back into them from time to time ☺
10. What movie are you excited to see this year?