Postpartum depression can leave you feeling lost and confused. There are so many physical, mental and emotional changes that are difficult to communicate. Writing your feelings can help you make sense of what is going on with you.
Here are a few journal prompts that get you started on the path to healing:
- What are you grateful for today? How does focusing on gratitude make you feel?
- When do you notice yourself feeling depressed or anxious?
- How are you feeling today? What thoughts are you having to make you feel this way?
- What have you done today to care for yourself? How did it make you feel?
- What challenges have you experienced as a new mother? How did you overcome these challenges? What did you learn about yourself from these experiences?
- How has being a new mother made you feel?
- What is something that brought you joy today?
- What do you need right now?
- What scares you the most about being a mom? Why?
- What could your spouse or partner say to you to make you feel heard and loved?
- If you had a friend who was going through what you are currently going through, what would you say to her?