]YOUR MIND IS A POWERFUL THING. WHEN YOU FILL IT WITH POSITIVE THOUGHTS, YOUR LIFE WILL START TO CHANGE.
Raise your hand if you've ever woke up one morning to go to work and thought to yourself, "I hate my shitty-ass job." Or raise your hand if you've had a #guiltymommymoment and thought, "OMG, I'm a horrible mother." Or MAYBE you've made a mistake, rolled your eyes at yourself, and started talking to yourself about how dumb you were and why the situation should have never happened. Okay, well I'm pretty sure I have everyone's hand up by now.
Most of us have our moments of self-talk, whether we realize it or not. But, what's important is how you use that self-talk to create sanity, happiness, and success in your life. "Women can be especially susceptible to negative thinking because our emotional and intellectual selves are so interconnected. We can think of about many things at one time and because of that, negative or self-defeating thoughts can easily creep into our conscious minds, becoming anchored and established in our subconscious minds."
If you've been told all your life, that you're worthless and you could never amount to anything----nine times out of ten, you're going to go through life believing that bullshit. YOU have the power to control your thoughts which means, you have the power to create your own happiness and joy. You either think that you really are worthless, or you could think that the person that told you this is an incompetent buffoon and you're going to do what it takes to proof them wrong.
Try these tips to eliminate the bad habit of negative thinking...
- STOP talking and thinking about your problems: It's something that most of us subconsciously do, so it'll take some focus to get rid of this one. We can get caught up in thinking about how broke we are, all the assignments that are due, what your boyfriend is doing now to piss you off... all the crap that we may have on our plate. The key is to replace those thoughts with the positive. So think about something great that happened to you that day. Maybe the only thing that made you happy was a double chocolate donut with sprinkles that you had that morning with an amazing cup of coffee. Everyday may not be good, but, there is something good in everyday.
- Expect the best: It's usually our own limited expectations that prevents us from reaching success in every area of our lives. When you expect great things to happen to you, you attract the potential to come up with amazing ideas and plans to reach the point of success that you're aiming me. You are setting the bar for excellence in your life by expecting the very best in everything you do.
- Stop worrying: Worrying will not change your situation, nor will it do you any good. Your best bet is to just focus on the positive, go with the flow, and pray for the best.
- Create a daily affirmation: What you tell yourself everyday will either lift you up or tear you down, honey. Write down things that you want to remind yourself everyday to ensure that you have a good day. By saying things like " I am a successful, powerful, and happy women. I can anything I set my mind to. I believe in myself and my abilities." This will help set the tone for the day, and it will help you carry yourself with confidence.
- Distant yourself from negativity: When people want to belittle you and ultimately make you feel like shit. You need to remove your self from them or that situation. If there's something around you that remind you of a low time in your life, get rid of it. Even if it's something in your closet that doesn't make you feel good about yourself, it's time to get rid of it. Don't let all that negativity dwell in your beautiful head. Replace those people with friends that support, love, and respect you. Find a dress that makes you feel like Beyonce. Replace the bad stuff with the good.
Focus on the powerful, euphoric, magical, beautiful parts of life and the universe will keep giving them to you.